Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DIY Chevron Table

I love going to garage sales! One woman's trash is my DIY treasure! I bought a night stand that was in really good shape and decided to revamp it. I started by painting it with primer and picking paints. I decided glitter was necessary and made a huge mess in the process but ended with a really fun bedside table!



I started by priming the table in prep for the chevron painting.



Then I put painters tape around the top so I could paint the rest of the table. I did a few layers letting it sit and dry.


 
For the chevron I got a ruler and pencil because I'm a perfectionist...
You can sample on paper to see the size you want your chevron print to be. I think mine ended up being 2 inch by 2 inch. You want to make the lines into squares so you do lines vertically and horizontally 2 inches apart each. This will make perfect squares that can be divided with painters tape to form a clean print. You can sort of make out the lines I used on my handle below.


Then you can paint in the tape and let dry completely!! Pour yourself a glass of wine while you wait or don't...
 

I did the same pattern for the top of the table. This one took up more space and time but was worth it. Again draw your lines, form your boxes, and split your painters tape in the middle.

 
Paint a few layers and let sit.

 
When you peel off the painters tape it might not look perfect but you can touch up with a small paint brush.
 
 
Once the painted section was dry and I pealed the painters tape off I re taped to prep the glitter rows. This was easier and gave me a chance to touch up any parts I didn't like. If any paint bleeds into the white you can cover at this point by painting over it with your 2nd color...or in my case covering it with glitter.


 
This layer I let sit longer because I used glue for the glitter layer and knew it would dry really slow.

 

Once I pulled off the last layer of painters tape I touched up the glitter section and covered with a glass top.
Keep in mind this is a full weekend project because of the detail and time needed to let the paint dry.






No comments:

Post a Comment