Saturday, April 26, 2014

Map Coasters

I made a set of these a while back as a gift and wanted to make more. They are really easy to make and since I have an obsession with maps I had plenty of materials to work with. I put these on my etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/187695616/light-bulb-terrarium






Supplies: 
Wood coasters 
Glue
Maps
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Scissors
Pen

Start by laying out your map and putting the wooden coaster on top. Trace the coaster onto the map and cut out the traced section. Place the cut out map on the coaster. It's best to do it one by one so you don't accidentally put the wrong cut out on the miss-matched coaster. Once you have cut out the maps and placed on the coasters you can glue them to secure and let them dry for a bit. The last step is to do a few layers of mod podge. Wait till the coaster is dried completely before adding another layer. 3 layers should be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment