Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Egg Bread

One of my favorite Easter foods as a kid was egg bread. My Aunt Rose made it every year and it was perfection! This year I wanted to try it out for myself so I got a little Pinspiration and found an easy looking recipe. The best part is the eggs cook themselves no need to hard boil them. I was a little sceptical but it worked! 

  
 



Supplies:
4 1/2 teaspoons of instant yeast
2/3 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
8 cups flour 
12 dyed uncooked eggs

I doubled up the recipe from Pinterest to make a dozen. Started by mixing ingredients in a large bowl. It gets thick pretty fast so you want to make sure you turn it over a bunch to mix in all the flour. Pre heat the oven to 350 and let the dough rise for an hour.
Once the dough doubles up get extra flour to roll out pieces of dough into long one inch thick strips. Take two of the strips and twist them together to shape into a little nest and top with a dyed egg. I fit four on a cookie sheet and cooked for 25 minutes. Once the bread cooled I put in the fridge overnight and served in the morning!

Here is the original recipe: http://www.seededatthetable.com/2012/04/03/italian-easter-bread/




My mom made these adorable little cup "baskets" and the grass is edible! 



No comments:

Post a Comment