Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wooden Christmas Tree DIY

I have had this on my crafting to do list for a long time! Every time I'm looking through Pinterest at Christmas DIY projects this comes up. I wanted to do a pallet Christmas tree but I realized that it would be easier to just go to Lowes and have them cut it for me. I came up with measurements for small trees and liked how they turned out. I made 7 trees total 1 has 5 layers and the rest have 4. Below are measurements.

30" 7 pieces
20" 1 piece
15" 7 pieces 
10.5" 7 pieces 
8" 7 pieces
5.5" 7 pieces 

Here I put out all the wood by size.

I used butcher paper to stain the wood on. The stain I got was dark which was perfect because I only had to do one layer. 

I let everything sit out and dry for a few hours.


Once it was all dry I got to work hammering these trees together. The wood I got was 2" thick so I bought 3" nails. The finished product turned out amazing!












No comments:

Post a Comment