Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Beer Carrier DIY


This wooden beer carrier with bottle opener attached is a great guy gift. I made two...but I had a lot of help!  I followed the directions from this blog but had to do some of my own measurements for the wood.

Supplies:
1/2" dowel 10" long
32" of 1"x6" pine board 32" long
1/4" plywood 3'x3' 
Wood stain
Wood glue
Tape measure 
Saw
Sandpaper
Nail gun

I started at Home Depot and had them cut down the pine wood into 4 pieces of 5 1/2''x11'' and 2 pieces of 5 1/2''x10''. Then I measured out the ply wood and drew lines for cutting. The plywood pieces hold together the outside part and act as beer barriers.


I got the plywood out and drew where I would be making cuts. I numbered how many of each size I would need. 


Then I got the pre cut pine wood and determined how to cut for the side boards. I took the 5 1/2"x11" pieces and drew lines to be cut. I drew a line at 2" and 3 1/2" across the top. Then I measured 4" down and marked those as well. I met the lines where I would be cutting. 


Once you get all the measurements down it's time to cut and sand!



When everything is nice and smooth it's time to stain the wood. I did about 2-3 layers since my stain was a light color. Once everything is dry it's time to assemble. 




We did a combination of wood glue and nails to assemble. 


The finished product is pretty awesome!












No comments:

Post a Comment